Tuesday, January 13, 2009

WHO'S FIRST?




An earlier post asked 'ARE YOU WORTH IT?' Have you answered that yet?

I heard something on TV the other day that made me think about this question. How do we know if we're worth it?

Are you a parent? A child? A worker? Are you responsible for the welfare of any other being, human or otherwise? If you are, then here's something for you to ponder.

When you're finally seated in your jumbo jet for your flight to see Aunt Biddy or whomever, you have to watch the flight attendant's demonstration of the safety features of your jet. S/he points out the emergency exits and the seat belts. Then, they demonstrate how 'should the cabin lose its air pressure' (or a similar dire expression), the oxygen masks will automatically deploy from the ceiling. In that event, each passenger is to place the mask ON HIS OR HER OWN FACE before attempting to assist anyone else with an oxygen mask. Even if you're a parent and your kid is turning blue!

Why? Because if you don't take care of yourself, you can't take care of anyone else! How easy is it to understand that concept? Apparently not so easy for most of us. My first instinct would be, I think, to assure that my small child had her oxygen mask on. Wrong! If I lose consciousness from lack of oxygen, I can't make sure my kid will be safe. I MUST TAKE CARE OF MYSELF FIRST.

So, here's your new mantra. I MUST TAKE CARE OF MYSELF FIRST. WHAT'S GOOD FOR ME IS GOOD FOR MY ___________ (family, kids, coworkers, colleagues, students, etc.).

That's it!


***************************
Remember my 100% GUARANTEE. Should you decide to stop walking and resume your old habits, I personally guarantee that you'll get back 100% of your former life - your pain, your lifestyle, your attitude.

No comments: