Sunday, January 11, 2009

PERILS OF WALKING??

It's been too cold in the St. Louis area even for ME to walk and I'll usually walk in any weather. But, when the chill factor goes below zero Fahrenheit, I stay inside. The wind, especially, is a killer for me. I've also been working longer hours this week, so it has mostly been inside workouts. Here's some food for thought:

I always thought of the perils of walking being more in the line of icy paths or crazy drivers, but this site offers a larger view of the perils awaiting the hapless pedestrian. Check it out - then go for a walk and forget about most of it. Please.....

http://www.pedestrians.org/

While this is really a TV show in Maryland, I believe, the episodes are available on the internet as webcasts. If you can't get those, well, you might survive anyway. I think most of these perils are those more commonly faced by folks walking in heavily trafficked urban areas or maybe on interstates - where you aren't supposed to walk anyway. Let us know what you think.

BTW - this is for bikers as well as pedestrians.
***************************
Remember my 100% GUARANTEE. Should you decide to stop walking and resume your old habits, I personally guarantee that you'll get back 100% of your former life - your pain, your lifestyle, your attitude.

No comments: