Saturday, January 3, 2009

BORING WALK, BORING WALKER, BORING BLOG?

I hope I'm not a boring blogger. I love to write and have been writing all my life. I love to walk and have been a real 'walker' for the past 10 years. I did quite a bit of research about walking blogs before deciding to write my own. Why did I make this decision? All the other walking blogs I could find are either:

  1. designed for marathoners and other aggressive walkers - OR -
  2. dry recaps of the 'right' way to walk and shoe reviews.
This blog will not be particularly informative for the marathoners. You know, those folks who participate in the Walk for this and the Walk for that. Nothing wrong with those charity and awareness-raising events, but that's not what I'm about. Locally, I'm a supporter of the Susan B. Komen Walk for the Cure (Breast Cancer) although I've not walked with them. Six AM (start time) is just too early for me to work up enthusiasm for much of anything. Not my style.

As for walking style - well, I guess there's a right way and many wrong ways to walk. At least, that's what I gather from some of the other blogs. I think (and I'm not a medical professional) that the RIGHT way for me to walk is the way I have walked since I passed the toddler stage. One foot in front of the other, arms swinging at my sides. What's complicated about this??

I guess one can make a 'case' for walking properly - good posture, good stride, good speed. My plan is just to MOVE and continue to move. To me, walking is completely natural. All of us with two functioning legs - and many with less than that - have been walking for eons with no professional input. What we need here is some encouragement to get moving and reminders to keep moving. Toddling along, strolling, or striding at a good speed - they're all walking.



*****************************************

Remember my 100% GUARANTEE. Should you decide to stop walking and resume your old habits, I personally guarantee that you'll get back 100% of your former life - your pain, your lifestyle, your attitude.

No comments: