Tuesday, March 24, 2009

WHO WOULD YOU WALK WITH ?

If you could walk with ANYONE you wanted, living or dead, who would it be? I was thinking about this the other day when I was wishing that my beloved Jasmine, my cockerpoo who began my walking journey with me about 10 years ago, could be with me to walk on a sunny day. She SO loved her walks!

George Clooney has been in St. Louis recently, making a movie. I'd be happy to walk with George Clooney. Not only is he a hunk, but I bet we could have some good talks about his travels to Africa. Other candidates for my 'ultimate' walking partner would be other hunks like Sean Connery or Gregory Peck. But movie stars seem too obvious. Of course, Barak Obama would be fun to walk with. I'd have trouble keeping up with his long legs! Michelle Obama would be grand to walk with, too.

My Dad (who died in 1995) would be a bad choice because he HATED such activities. He's in Heaven sitting in a comfy recliner with a remote, flipping thru every sports channel, with a bowl of cheezits and chocolate chips. Yep - ate those together every night and never gained an ounce. Life ain't fair! My father in law, OTOH, would be a great choice because he was a great observer of nature. Same for my Mamaw. She could identify every flower, tree, and bird we would see on our walk.

I think I would enjoy walking with Barbara Kingsolver, Bill W. , Bill Cosby, and Harper Lee. We'd have lots to talk about. Lesser known, but outstanding walking partners would be John Taylor Gatto (my teaching hero), Maria Montessori, Marie Curie, or Queen Elizabeth.

I'm sure there are others I could dream up. I have a wide-ranging list of interests and never enough time to explore them all. Even Martha Stewart might be fun to walk with - but I wouldn't let her in my house. She'd likely have the vapors if she saw the state of my 'home decor' - as in, we don't have any!!

So, who's on your list of Most Wanted Walking Partners? Don't be shy.


***************************
Remember my 100% GUARANTEE. Should you decide to stop walking and resume your old habits, I personally guarantee that you'll get back 100% of your former life - your pain, your lifestyle, your attitude.

2 comments:

Kathy G said...

I wanted to let you know I linked to your blog today with a Lemonade Award for my favorite blogs!

Stop by and claim your prize.

Willa said...

Hmmmm, I've thought about who I would want to have dinner with, but not who I would want to walk with. Walking with my husband is problematic- despite the fact that he has little short legs, he sets a pace that's too fast for me, and leaves me trailing behind like a waif, puffing and blowing. I think top of my list would be my sisters. Beyond that, I'll have to think. What a great way to occupy my mind during tomorrow's walk!