Tuesday, March 24, 2009

GO FLY A KITE!

One day last week, one of the first days that really felt like Spring, I walked with Kathy G. at the park near our homes. There was a middle-aged woman flying a kite. I love kites. Kathy admitted to not being 'very good' at getting or keeping a kite airborne.

I decided to go fly a kite. Had to buy one first. On a weekend trip out of town, I got a great deal at Dollar Tree - two kites for $1. I don't care what design is on the kite, so I'm easy to please. These are two thin plastic 'fabric' with wooden dowels and 120 feet of nylon 'string'. I think that flying a kite would count for about as much time as walking, especially if I walk up to the park from my house.

So, Kathy, I've got a kite for me and one for you - and we're gonna go fly kites one day next week. I'm hereby challenging you to a kite flight - not a duel. We'll help each other get our kites airborne and walk around the park showing off. What do you say??



***************************
Remember my 100% GUARANTEE. Should you decide to stop walking and resume your old habits, I personally guarantee that you'll get back 100% of your former life - your pain, your lifestyle, your attitude.

2 comments:

Kathy G said...

Might have to put it off for a week...I'm busy from 8-5 every day!

Willa said...

When we first moved here, I located a community center doing classes, and I signed the husband and both sons up for a kite making class. I thought they would enjoy it, it would be an opportunity to meet people, yada yada yada. Well, I have never heard such moaning and complaining and griping and kvetching. But I thought the kites were lovely, and they are still out in the garage- 11 years later. And what do you want to bet that BOTH of those younger complainers would 1) make a kite and go fly it, and 2) sign their children up for a kite making class.


Hmmmph.