Friday, March 20, 2009

WE'RE GOING NATIONAL!!

Did you know that April 8 is National Start! Walking Day? I didn't. This 'holiday' was initiated by the National Heart Association and is aimed at getting those 'at work' to take time out of their work day to go for a walk. I am reading about it in the April, 2009 issue of Better Homes and Gardens which I just received at work today. The article is on page 212 if you want to check it out yourself. Or, you can visit their website for more info:
BHG.com/startwalking

The article suggests that you invite co-workers to bring their walking shoes to work with them that day (and other days too) and gather a group to walk for 30 minutes over lunch. What a great idea! A better idea, IMO, is to have everyone and anyone who is interested bring a pair of walking shoes to work AND LEAVE THEM AT WORK so they can walk any day they want or are able.

In my office, we don't have a designated lunch period AND we seldom get to take time off together. Further, we walk a lot in the office and back and forth to the hospital which adjoins our office building. I try to take the stairs as much as possible. I figure that is a 'free' way to get in a bit more exercise. My office is on the fifth floor, so it's 4 flights up from the main floor on three. Up and down there several times a day keeps me feeling better.

Of course, I can't usually take a patient up and down the stairs!
***************************
Remember my 100% GUARANTEE. Should you decide to stop walking and resume your old habits, I personally guarantee that you'll get back 100% of your former life - your pain, your lifestyle, your attitude.

No comments: