Monday, November 10, 2014

Lifting The Fog




So, last night, I did not sleep much.  And, I had to get up early to get an MRI of my hip as it's been causing me quite a bit of pain - either another gluteal tear or bursitis.  I'm hoping for bursitis since the 'fix' for that is an injection.

I moved around and drove around in a fog.  The MRI was unpleasant, to say the least.  But, it had to be done.  All I wanted was to get home so I could take a nap.  However, I know the pattern here.  Often, if I'm pretty sleepy from a bad night, I can't nap and the negative sleep cycle begins anew.  Who woulda thought that taking a 20 minute nap in the afternoon would result in better sleep at night?  It's counter intuitive but in my experience, it's how my body/mind works.

On the way home, the weather was lovely.  My dog hadn't been for a walk in several days due to cold, damp, windy weather.  So, I decided I would take her for a walk before attempting a nap.  Forget the other million things I should be doing today - housework, paying bills, cleaning up the flower pots out front.  But, all that will wait.

Lizzie and I went for a walk of about 1.5 miles, a short one for us.  About half way through the walk, I felt the fog lifting from my mind and my body feeling better!  I KNOW this happens.  Why do I forget it??

I also know I've written about it before.  It's better than any pill.  Now, if I'm really lucky today, I'll get the ecstasy of a brief nap......

See that happy black dog up top?




*************************** Remember my 100% GUARANTEE. Should you decide to stop walking and resume your old habits, I personally guarantee that you'll get back 100% of your former life - your pain, your lifestyle, your attitude. You can trust the information you find here. It's from a dedicated walker. Trust me and your life will get better! I promise.

No comments: