Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Back To The Mall






With the advent of rotten weather in these parts, it's back to the mall many days if we want to get in a walk.  Life has been especially harsh the past two weeks - only had dance class once each week rather than twice.  I mean, one must have her priorities and I just don't think the dance class should be cancelled because of the room being a polling place.  Those darn voters could just dance around us.  I had to dance through the rain drops to cast my vote!

But, with all that - and the arrival of Santa way too early at one of the malls - I am grateful that we have malls to walk in.  The strollers, toddlers, and those silly people who use the mall for actual shopping are in the way of us walkers, but we persevere.

I feel like I should sit in Santa's lap and ask him to bring me a private mall for Christmas.  What could be wrong with that?  It should be temperature controlled, have lots of windows, covered parking, and be free.  Further, its use would be limited to me and my walking buddies, including the four legged one.  She would not be a bother to anyone as she only does her 'business' in her own back yard and loves to walk more than she loves her food or treats.

So, what's wrong with joining a gym again this winter?  Nothing except that I just cannot get over my dislike of the gym and I'm not fond of treadmills either.  This winter, I will focus on finding more dance opportunities, dancing and walking in front of the TV, and being really kind to all the stroller mom's at the mall.  I've been a stroller mom and I know that time in a mom's life has its own set of challenges.

BTW, there is this ancient couple who walk at the mall and they are an object case in the benefits of walking as well as the benefit of having a spouse who is long lived.  The woman uses a walker and she's pretty bent over.  Her sweet husband puts his hand over hers on one side of the walker so they are holding hands as they stroll the mall.  They get lots of encouragement from other walkers as we are all in awe of their relationship and their devotion to walking.  I need to take a picture.



*************************** Remember my 100% GUARANTEE. Should you decide to stop walking and resume your old habits, I personally guarantee that you'll get back 100% of your former life - your pain, your lifestyle, your attitude. You can trust the information you find here. It's from a dedicated walker. Trust me and your life will get better! I promise.

No comments: