Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Reflections on Valentine's Day

This year, Valentine's Day fell on a Tuesday. Now, I really like spending time with my husband, but it was dance night - and not much gets between me and my dance. So, I left a surprise for him to open when he arrived home from work and I planned to be home by 8:00 or so.

At dance, the teacher, Miss Ellie, passed out a few of those small Whitman Sampler boxes of chocolate. There is a sort of in-crowd at the dance, but it's such a large group of mostly women and I'm a relative newcomer. Having not a single shy bone in my body, I've made friends with many of the dancers. I also offer encouragement to people newer at it than I am, especially if I already know the dance. That's just who I am.

As I was preparing to depart the dance room, Miss Ellie came to me and gave me a box of chocolates! She thanked me for helping her teach! Made my day!!

Plus, when I got home, my sweet husband had a bag full of goodies for me - a Tiramisu cake and 4 different flavors of yummy-looking jams.

I'm going to have to walk a few extra steps tomorrow to counteract the calorie laden evening!

But, the moral of the story is this: you just never know where 'getting physical' (walking and dancing, folks) will get you!



***************************Remember my 100% GUARANTEE. Should you decide to stop walking and resume your old habits, I personally guarantee that you'll get back 100% of your former life - your pain, your lifestyle, your attitude. You can trust the information you find here. It's from a dedicated walker. Trust me and your life will get better! I promise.

No comments: