Sunday, February 19, 2012

More Science - Walking is Trashy

Just in case I have not given you enough scientific and medical information about how beneficial walking (and other physical activity) is for you, I've got some more for you.

Today, I read an article in Science Digest about how physical activity assists the body in getting rid of 'trash' on the cellular level. Really! Did you know that? I didn't.

What happens is this - in my not very scientific oversimplification:

Each cell, in the course of the day, has a metabolic process that it goes through many times. Some cells are replaced completely every day - but not all. Every cell undergoes this metabolic process which allows it to release its energy into the body, which is how each cell does its work. So, liver cells, brain cells, heart muscle cells, toe nail cells, all do the same thing, benefiting the organ which is composed of those particular cells.

In the process of cell metabolism, 'trash' is created. Trash here is defined as the by-product of cellular metabolism - the stuff the cell uses then doesn't need anymore.

Anything that facilitates cells getting rid of their trash is good for you. Exercise is one of those things that help each cell in this process.

So, when you're carrying those bags of trash to the curb, you are throwing out the trash in more ways than one. If you drive your trash to the curb - well, that just doesn't count.




***************************Remember my 100% GUARANTEE. Should you decide to stop walking and resume your old habits, I personally guarantee that you'll get back 100% of your former life - your pain, your lifestyle, your attitude. You can trust the information you find here. It's from a dedicated walker. Trust me and your life will get better! I promise.

No comments: