Thursday, February 16, 2012

Dance Day

Today is one of my twice weekly Dance Days. I really look forward to them! Alas, Thursday is also the only week day I can walk with my friend Sally. So, Thursday turns into a 'work out' day. I walk my three miles with Sally in the morning then I go to my 90 minute dance at 6 PM.

Today, Sally had a change of schedule, so I had to make a decision. Could I walk in the afternoon AND dance in the evening? Usually, I have the two physical blocs separated by an afternoon of office work during which I can recover from my morning walk.

Today, if I was going to walk, I had to walk at 2 PM. Hmmmm.... Can I do this? I chose to walk then head home for a brief respite before I headed to dance. No office this afternoon. Lucky me.

Glad I walked! I drove the 35 minutes to dance then spent 45 minutes in the parking lot waiting for the guy with the church key who then triggered the security system and set the alarm ringing. Apparently someone changed the passcode without bothering to notify the evening security guy. No one, not even the Pastor with his fairly direct line to that great Line Dancer in the Sky, could get the proper code entered!

We finally gave up and went home. Such a disappointment. But, at least I had gotten a good walk in earlier in the day. If I had forgone the walk, I'd have had to rush home and get on that dratted stationary bike to get in my minimum amount of physical activity for the day.

Moral of the story is Never Miss A Chance To Walk. Got it??





***************************Remember my 100% GUARANTEE. Should you decide to stop walking and resume your old habits, I personally guarantee that you'll get back 100% of your former life - your pain, your lifestyle, your attitude. You can trust the information you find here. It's from a dedicated walker. Trust me and your life will get better! I promise.

No comments: