Thursday, February 9, 2012

When In Doubt

If there is ever a doubt if I should walk, the right decision is invariably 'yes'. Yes, I should walk - or dance or bike or do something to get myself moving in the right direction both literally and figuratively.

Do you know about the Itty-Bitty Shi##y Committee? It's the persistent and sometimes overwhelming voice that whispers or shouts inside my head, usually telling me to neglect myself, eat too much, say something mean, or do something negative, leading me down a dark path.

Does such a Committee live in your head? Rent Free?

There are a couple ways to overpower the Committee.

First, you can walk it off - as my friend Kirsten says, 'Walk off the stink of the day.'

Another way is to write it out - put those negative thought, worries, whatever on paper. Download them from your head to paper so you have more room in your head for positive things.

Dance it off. Bike it off.

I CANNOT eat it off, worry if away, or beg it to disappear. Just doesn't work

For me, physical activity is the best. After that comes an enjoyable activity like reading or crocheting. Writing helps. Calling a positive friend works too.

Don't fall victim to the Committee. Walk it off!




***************************Remember my 100% GUARANTEE. Should you decide to stop walking and resume your old habits, I personally guarantee that you'll get back 100% of your former life - your pain, your lifestyle, your attitude. You can trust the information you find here. It's from a dedicated walker. Trust me and your life will get better! I promise.

No comments: