Friday, January 13, 2012

THE WISDOM OF AGE

I'll be writing more about this, but there's an article in the January 10, 2012 issue of the New York Times Science Times about the kinds of advice that people in the last third of their lives would give to people in their 20's and 30's. Now, since I have no properly functioning crystal ball, I don't know when the last third of my (or your) life will begin. So, I'm drawing a line, stating that by age 50, we all have accrued enough knowledge and experience (and heartbreak and hell) to pass along some good advice to those youngsters.

One of the questions asks if you've learned ways to retain good health. Well, have you?

I have! I'd tell my 20 year old self to get walking every single day. Had I done that in my 20's and 30's, I'd likely not have had the weight issues I've fought for years and the resultant adverse effect of osteoarthritis (well, not as much of it) and probably 10 other things.

Walking has certainly improved my disposition. I was a very angry 20-something (working in a pink-collar field that was jam packed with women with whom I had no clue how to interact) then carried that anger into my 40's while I was being double and triple-teamed with teenagers. How about you? Were your kids' teen years your best years? They are NOT the best years of the teens' lives and certainly not the best years of their parents. LOL.

Give me toddlers or give me Meth! Well, I probably don't need the meth and would never try it. But, if you've raised kids past the age of 12, you know what I'm talkin' about.

So, I want to hear from you. What wisdom do you have to share about your health? I'll ask some of the other questions later.



***************************Remember my 100% GUARANTEE. Should you decide to stop walking and resume your old habits, I personally guarantee that you'll get back 100% of your former life - your pain, your lifestyle, your attitude. You can trust the information you find here. It's from a dedicated walker. Trust me and your life will get better! I promise.

No comments: