Thursday, January 26, 2012

Lemon Aid

You know the saying, when life gives you lemons you make lemonade.

Sometimes you need Lemon Aid.

I had a bad two weeks recently. Mom was sick. I wasn't feeling chipper. Work was difficult. January is a bad month for income in my husband's business. I was unmotivated. I had a couple of 'command performances'.

You know about command performances, don't you. Those family or social events that you simply MUST attend for fear of suffering dire consequences. The consequences might fall in the category of making your family angry if you do (or don't) do whatever. The consequences might be that you'll make a friend angry or disappoint someone - or your boss.

So, you suck it up and just do it.

Then, you have to live with the consequences in your own head. The 'Itty Bitty Shitty Committee' begins its banging, living rent free in your head while rearranging the furniture. Not fun, to say the least. And, it goes on as long as you let it. Just that long and no longer,

How to evict the Committee? Walk it off! Dance it away! Work it out - at the gym or on the basketball court. Move yourself and the Committee moves on.

Really! It works! I promise.

We will all have command performances - many times in our lives. We can either live with the consequences we impose on ourselves - or we can choose to turn those sour lemons into sweet lemonade. Lemon Aid.



***************************Remember my 100% GUARANTEE. Should you decide to stop walking and resume your old habits, I personally guarantee that you'll get back 100% of your former life - your pain, your lifestyle, your attitude. You can trust the information you find here. It's from a dedicated walker. Trust me and your life will get better! I promise.

No comments: