Sunday, January 15, 2012

MY 'TAKE' ON DE-STRESSING

In a recent issue of a throw-away journal (as the freebies are called in the medical community) St. Louis Women's Journal, I ran across an article with ten ways for managing stress. What does this have to do with walking? Pay attention and walk right this way. I hope it's fun.

1. talk with family and friends - I'll willingly talk to my friends, but do I really have to speak to family members I only see once a year? There is a reason I only see them once a year.....

2. engage in daily physical activity - have you been reading my blog???

3. accept the things you cannot change - well, that's 99% of everything in my life. How about you? Acceptance is the gold-standard of learning to be happy/contented;

4. remember to laugh. Why is it that I cannot tell a joke to save my life. But, I heard this one today. Bob (the guy who claims to have invented this joke) has Pomegranate-itis. What is that, you ask? Kinda like Lyme Disease, only seedier. Did you hear me laugh? I did!

5. Give up the bad habits - but then I'd have no habits at all!

6. Slow Down - I have two speeds - very fast and stop. Pacing is not something I do well. Can you spell 'i-m-p-u-l-s-i-v-e'?

7. get enough sleep. This is a joke, right? How???

8. get organized. I take back #7. This is the real joke. Do you know me??

9. practice giving back. See my 100% Guarantee below. If you don't walk 5 days out of each week, you'll get back all the good things you gained when you DID walk that much. I promise!

10. try not to worry. Here is the actual text from the journal article:
"The world won't end if your grass isn't mowed or your kitchen isn't cleaned. You may need to do these things, but today might not be the right time." Yaaaaa! I win. I've been telling you to put yourself first!! Now, go for a walk.



***************************Remember my 100% GUARANTEE. Should you decide to stop walking and resume your old habits, I personally guarantee that you'll get back 100% of your former life - your pain, your lifestyle, your attitude. You can trust the information you find here. It's from a dedicated walker. Trust me and your life will get better! I promise.

No comments: