Monday, January 23, 2012

Weather Or Not.....

I'm fortunate to have a few walking friends who are of a like mind when it comes to making walking a priority despite the weather conditions.

Today, I was fortunate to leave work pretty early. Had a couple important stops to make ont he way home, including the bank and Whole Foods to pick up some of my husband's favorite crackers. When I left Whole Foods, the sun had peeped out from behind the persistent cloud cover. I was so tempted to run home, leash the dog, and hit the trail.

But....I had plans to walk with KE and she was still at work. I texted her to be sure she was going to be able to walk after work - OR ELSE. So, instead of giving in to my baser instincts, I waited for KE and we walked about 6 PM at a track between our homes.

Here's the bottom line that I told KE this evening. I'm a walking 'slut'. I walk no matter what! If the weather is great now but is predicted to turn nasty in 3 hours, I'll ditch her like yesterday's laundry and walk right then!

Fortunately, she laughed! She understands - and approves. That's the kind of support we need to give each other on this walking journey. I know I sometimes nag my friends, calling them week after week to entice them to walk when I get the chance. They're good walking buddies. They understand, sometimes dropping what they're in the middle of to take advantage of a brief window of opportunity to get all hot and sweaty.

Tomorrow's weather is predicted to turn nasty at evening rush hour when I'm supposed to be on the drive to dance. I'll be cursing the whole way there - and may arrive there only to find the teacher (with her boombox and appropriate music) has cancelled. I'll curse her too! But in a nice way - cuz she's a good teacher and loves to dance and I know she'd be there if she could.

So, don't use bad weather as an excuse to slump on the sofa. If you can't get to dance, or the gym, or to the mall, march in place right in front of the television. Get all hot and sweaty by yourself. You'll feel so much better.




***************************Remember my 100% GUARANTEE. Should you decide to stop walking and resume your old habits, I personally guarantee that you'll get back 100% of your former life - your pain, your lifestyle, your attitude. You can trust the information you find here. It's from a dedicated walker. Trust me and your life will get better! I promise.

No comments: