Saturday, January 7, 2012

HAVE I TOLD YOU ABOUT DANCING?

Have I told you about linedancing? I think I have. Were you paying attention? I LOVE it. I would dance every single day if:
a) I didn't have a job to go to;
b) My husband didn't want to have a few minutes of conversation with me every day;
3) My feet would hold out;
4) I could find a place that would have me every day!

Now, my husband is very supportive of all of my craziness. He actually seeks out yarn for my yarn addiction in various stores. He used to come home after a very long day of work and 'sit on the kids' so I could go to quilting bees with my friends. He's never complained about a single cent I've spent on a hobby or anything else for that matter. And, he's completely supportive of my dancing. I just know that he hates eating alone so I hate to leave him to eat alone every evening.

That said, I think the gals I dance with are actually creating my addiction. Oh, yeah, I love moving to that music and learn the dance steps pretty quickly. I have no 'performance anxiety' and am almost impossible to embarrass even when I know I dance with all the grace of a drunken grizzly bear. But, these ladies all tell me how GOOD I am! Really? I can't even imagine that I'm good. I think they are all suffering from heat exhaustion after a 4 minute fast dance and confuse enthusiasm with competence. Really!

There's no way I'm good at dancing when I've never danced a lick til the past 5 years and I'm no Spring Chicken. I'm happy when I dance and the buzz stays with me for hours. I so look forward to my Tuesday and Thursday evening dances that I'll pretty much plow down anyone who gets in my way.

So, I need to walk the same way, right? I don't really need a fan club to tell me that I'm good at something, altho' it's always nice to get positive feedback. But, I continue to walk, almost daily, because it's a reward in and of itself. It's what I do for me. The fact that it might be seen as beneficial in other ways is just icing on the cake. I do it because it feels good. Not because I want (oh, need) to lose weight. Not because I 'should' do it. Not because I 'need' to do it. Not because it's good for me/my health. All of those things may be true, but bottom line is I do it cuz I like it!

Same for dancing. I will continue to dance like nobody's watching and will continue to be pleased by the mistaken consideration of those around me that I'm good at it. Good or not, it's one of my favorite things to do and I'm gonna dance on!




***************************Remember my 100% GUARANTEE. Should you decide to stop walking and resume your old habits, I personally guarantee that you'll get back 100% of your former life - your pain, your lifestyle, your attitude. You can trust the information you find here. It's from a dedicated walker. Trust me and your life will get better! I promise.

No comments: