Friday, June 29, 2012

Walking On Through

It's been HOT here lately.  No rain.  Just sun, heat, and humidity.  No relief in site.

So, what's a walker to do?  Go to the mall?  Yes, some days.  But, I've found it better to wait til about 7:30 in the evening to get out.  My friend Kris and I have been walking at the local high school track on these hot evenings.

The track is easy on the body and the lack of hills gives us a bit of relief from the unremitting heat.  We get in our 3 miles without the extra burden of hills.  It's not cheating!  Just finding a way to continue walking when we'd rather chill.  So, a few days or weeks without walking hills won't detract from the benefit of our walks.

Patty, a regular reader, has shared with me that she has been using her Leslie Sansone tapes to keep her moving when it's too hot outside.  She's up to TWO MILES now!  That's an amazing transformation for someone who was basically sedentary a year ago!

I say, take it any way you can.  If the mall or Walmart offers a walking area for you so that you don't give up on it, then use that.    If Leslie Sansone TV walking does it for you, as it often does for me, then go for it!  If heading to the gym, dance studio, or pool are options for you, then use those. 

Whatever you do, take it easy if you're trying to keep up the pace in the heat.  Give yourself a break without losing your momentum.  And, if you have other ideas, please share them with us.  Variety makes things easier too!



*************************** Remember my 100% GUARANTEE. Should you decide to stop walking and resume your old habits, I personally guarantee that you'll get back 100% of your former life - your pain, your lifestyle, your attitude. You can trust the information you find here. It's from a dedicated walker. Trust me and your life will get better! I promise.

No comments: