Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Struggling

Because of the heat and something going on with me (feeling overly fatigued and generally crummy), I have been struggling to get my walks in.  Here are a couple of things that I've put in place to get me through times like this - to anticipate them because they WILL happen.

First, I have a friend who is counting on me to walk with her.  I have two different friends I walk with on a regular basis, Sally on Thursday and Saturday, Kris on Friday, Sunday, and Monday, and I dance with Laurie on Tuesday.  Thursday dance, I'm on my own.  Same for Wednesday walking since I really have to squeeze that one in in the brief amount of time I have available between getting home from work and arriving at my Alateen meeting at 7 PM.

Having a walking buddy keeps me accountable.  It often makes the difference between my slouching on the sofa or going for a walk.  I have to be really miserable to deprive a friend of her incentive to walk.  Who knew I had so much power?  Well, I don't really.  But, both friends encourage me and remind me that I'll feel better and sleep better (a real issue for me) if I walk.

My walking buddies and I have taken refuge in the mall for our walking these past few weeks.  When the temperature is in the three digit range with high humidity, I'm loathe to walk outside.  I've done it, but it's grueling.  If I'm feeling energetic and don't have to look presentable for any occasion after the walk, I'm more likely to walk outside.  But with the drought here, the high temperatures and humidity, the mall has been a haven.

Patty shared that she has been relying more on her Leslie Sansone tapes when the weather is too hot.  I say Hooray! to that idea!  Any accommodation we can make to keep ourselves moving is a good thing!



*************************** Remember my 100% GUARANTEE. Should you decide to stop walking and resume your old habits, I personally guarantee that you'll get back 100% of your former life - your pain, your lifestyle, your attitude. You can trust the information you find here. It's from a dedicated walker. Trust me and your life will get better! I promise.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for your good words of encouragement. My sport is judo/jujitsu, but I've been side-lined by some injuries. Walking I can do though.