Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Hidden Gems

If the word gets out among your friends and family that you are a regular walker, people start telling you great places to walk!  Recently, I learned of a new (to me) park which is a stunning gem, hidden in a little valley, surrounded by a huge church on one side and a couple of subdivisions on the other sides.  One of the subdivisions is itself a beautiful place to walk!

This little gem is Twin Oaks Park.  It contains a paved walking trail that wanders around the park, including a lovely little pond with a small spillway, a gazebo, a bridge, and lots of koi waiting to be fed.  There is also a playground, bathrooms, picnic tables, and tennis courts.

 On two sides of the park are gates that offer access to the surrounding subdivisions.  One of them has narrow streets and no sidewalks so not a good place to walk. The other opens onto a paved trail that winds through a wooded area between some backyards and leads to some lovely, shady residential streets that are wide and hilly and without noticeable traffic.

This is a marvelous place to walk.  I look forward to visiting it again.  It will be lots more fun in the Spring and Summer than in colder weather as the hills might become treacherous in bad weather.  But, I'm willing to chance it so I can visit this serene little area again.


*************************** Remember my 100% GUARANTEE. Should you decide to stop walking and resume your old habits, I personally guarantee that you'll get back 100% of your former life - your pain, your lifestyle, your attitude. You can trust the information you find here. It's from a dedicated walker. Trust me and your life will get better! I promise.

No comments: