Monday, June 18, 2012

Ginger

Ginger wrote this comment in response to a recent article:

I am a 60 year old female overweight 5"5" 200 lbs. I have knee pain and ankle pain and occasional hip pain (because of the bad knee). I have been walking three miles for eight weeks on a daily basis. I haven't lost weight but I feel so much better. Some walks are nearly pain free and some are painful each step, yet I keep going because the act of walking improves my mood significantly. I think I am getting stronger and I know I feel better. So I am not letting joint pain keep me down! Thank you for this blog. Ginger on More On Feeling Better

GINGER - Thank you so much for writing.  It's so pleasing to learn of another person who has proved the benefit of a simple walk.  Your three mile daily walks have improved your well being!   Isn't it amazing how something so simple and normal can be a fantastic tool for making our lives better?! 

Since some of your walks are nearly pain free but others are painful, I'm interested to learn what the difference is those days.  Is it where you walk (hills vs. flat), your shoes, your speed, the weather, or some other factor? 

You state that you're getting stronger and that you are not letting joint pain keep you down.  Hooray for you!  You are proof that this simple mechanism for improving our lives works.

Please keep us posted on your progress.  Eight weeks is a wonderful start.  You are no longer a beginner!  You are a seasoned walker who makes it a priority in your life.  Good for you!














*************************** Remember my 100% GUARANTEE. Should you decide to stop walking and resume your old habits, I personally guarantee that you'll get back 100% of your former life - your pain, your lifestyle, your attitude. You can trust the information you find here. It's from a dedicated walker. Trust me and your life will get better! I promise.

No comments: