Friday, June 15, 2012

Today Or Not?


Did you walk today?  Do you plan to walk today?  If not, why?  This is a great day to walk!

Well, it might be rainy or too hot.  It may be gloomy or too cold. You might have too many chores to complete.  Your kids may need tending to.  Your husband might want dinner on the table tonight.  The phone keeps ringing.  The bills keep coming.  So does the stress.

Amidst all the bills and bad weather, the kids, job, and To Do List, there must be some time for you!

If you don't put yourself on the list, who will?  Do you really think your kid will say, "Hey, head on out for your walk.  Everything here will be fine.  I'll even empty the trash while you're gone."  Yeah, right....No, the chores and bills and phone calls and kids and dinner plans and sink full of dishes will still be there when you return.

Remember my Mamaw.  We can go out.  No one will do our chores while we're gone.  They'll all be here when we return.  Then, out the door we would head - to fish, pick berries, visit a neighbor, or walk along the train tracks looking for spent fusees (sp??).  My Mamaw's house was not tidy.  Her To Do List never got finished.  She didn't give a whit about wearing the latest fashions.  But, she had fun.  She was a happy person - and that is infectious.  So, my Gran was never critical of her lack of housekeeping acumen.  She made him happy and that's what counted.

I often quote her - aloud or just in my head - when I grab the dog's leash and head out for a walk.  I'm not walking away from anything (except a lot of stress).  I'm walking toward a good day, better health, and a much improved disposition.

So, take a line from my late great Mamaw and go for a walk.  All your work will still be waiting for you when you return - but you'll have a better attitude about doing it - and more energy to complete those 1001 things you need to get done!




*************************** Remember my 100% GUARANTEE. Should you decide to stop walking and resume your old habits, I personally guarantee that you'll get back 100% of your former life - your pain, your lifestyle, your attitude. You can trust the information you find here. It's from a dedicated walker. Trust me and your life will get better! I promise.

No comments: