Friday, August 17, 2012

Where To?



When you get in a taxi, the driver may well ask, "Where to?"

So, where are you going?  No, this is not the beginning of a long philosophical rant. I mean, literally, where are you going?

Where do you walk?  Where COULD you walk?  Where would you like to walk?

My friend Kris and I walk together several times a week.  We are fortunate to have several walking venues near us.  She lives about a mile from me - close enough that we can meet at a variety of different parks, a high school with a nice track, a river trail, the mall, and, lately, WalMart.

We much prefer to walk outside - as does my four-legged baby (who is not allowed at the mall).  So, we tend to meet at parks or the track.  We walk for 45-60 minutes.  Those walks are good physically and fantastic spiritually.  We walk off a lot of stress, offer a safe sounding board for each other, speak often of points regarding the 12 Step Program we share, and always feel better afterwards.  Always!

Where COULD we walk?  We have at least 10 sites close to us where we can meet.

Where would we like to walk?  On a nicely padded track, in the shade, rolling hills, great scenery.  Maybe an ocean side trail?  I think that would be my ideal walking venue on a warm, overcast day so I could get by with just my SPF 40 and sunglasses.

Aside - the other evening when we were walking the inside perimeter of our local WalMart, a guy behind the Deli Counter greeted us on our first round.  On our second round, he asked if we were 'mall walking'.  Of course, we responded.  By the third round, he boomed, "Are you mall walking in MY Walmart?"  What a hoot!  I plan to invite him along the next time we see him.  Makes WalMart a much better venue than normal for me - the not-WalMart-fan.




*************************** Remember my 100% GUARANTEE. Should you decide to stop walking and resume your old habits, I personally guarantee that you'll get back 100% of your former life - your pain, your lifestyle, your attitude. You can trust the information you find here. It's from a dedicated walker. Trust me and your life will get better! I promise.

1 comment:

Kathy G said...

I love to talk to the mall walking "regulars" at work. Some of them are even becoming friends!