Monday, December 6, 2010

YOU KNOW THE OLD SAYING....

Dance like nobody's looking? I love that saying, especially since I love to dance but have all the grace of a galumphing brown bear. Ask me if I care. NO!

I dance in public pretty much like nobody's looking. I try not to do any stripper type dances in public. I promise. But, I LOVE to dance, so I just go for it.

Here's a thought. Turn on some 'happy' music - salsa, disco, whatever floats your boat - and DANCE at home, all alone. Do the twist. Do that one where you pretend to be wearing a scuba mask under water. Do the 'chicken'. Do the 'Limbo' - how low can you go??

Do this when you can't get out to do anything else like if the streets are icy. Do this when you're feeling crabby. Do this when you're antsy. It's a cure for all three of these things. Really!

And, there is the plus that, well, if you're home alone, no one is watching. No critics. No embarrassment. No such thing as the wrong way to do a dance.

I have personally fallen in love with a waltz called Wonderland Waltz from the Johnny Depp movie version of Alice in Wonderland. It's by the Plain White Tees and is an energetic waltz. It's not what I'd call a 'happy' song - but it's a fantastic dance and I'd do it 27 times a day if someone would play the music for me. As it is, I have to wait for my twice weekly dance lessons and bug the teacher (who also loves this particular dance) to play it more than once. While one might not think of the waltz as being a strenuous dance - not like the Forbidden Lambada - it's quite a workout.

And, I don't care who's watching. I'm gonna dance that dance anywhere, anytime I hear it!

Note: Refer to this article for more on this dance:
http://ewalkandtalk.blogspot.com/2010/11/dancing-with-johnny-depp.html



***************************Remember my 100% GUARANTEE. Should you decide to stop walking and resume your old habits, I personally guarantee that you'll get back 100% of your former life - your pain, your lifestyle, your attitude. You can trust the information you find here. It's from a dedicated walker. Trust me and your life will get better! I promise.

No comments: