Wednesday, December 15, 2010

LESLIE, RICHARD, AND ME

It's been terrifically cold in St. Louis this past week. And, the weather has been so bad that I've been 'under it'. Last Thursday night, while I was minding my own business, I was stricken by some ailment that left me on the sofa for 4 days and with no appetite for 6 days. I lost almost 10 lbs! Better now, but tomorrow will be ONE FULL week since I've gone for a walk.

What have I been doing in the meantime? Well, Leslie, Richard, and I have been hanging out. That's Leslie Sansone (Walking Off The Pounds) and Richard Simmons (well, you know who he is!). Yesterday was the first time I felt I could go for a walk of a mile or so, but the weather was just too cold once I returned home from work. So, I popped one of Leslie's tapes in my aging VCR and walked, after a fashion, for 2 miles - or 30 minutes.

Today, it's warmer but still not suitable for walking outside because of the icy patches, so I dug out a really old Sweatin' With The Oldies and worked out with Richard Simmons. I actually do not do most of his dance steps. I do most of Leslie's maneuvers while singing along with Richard and his crew. Big Girls Don't Cry - at least not this Big Gal.

I'm really hoping that the predicted ice storm tonight will clear out enough for me to meet my walking buddy at the mall for our usual Thursday morning hour long walk. I NEED it.

But, if that's not possible, I'll boogie with Leslie or Richard.



***************************Remember my 100% GUARANTEE. Should you decide to stop walking and resume your old habits, I personally guarantee that you'll get back 100% of your former life - your pain, your lifestyle, your attitude. You can trust the information you find here. It's from a dedicated walker. Trust me and your life will get better! I promise.

No comments: