Thursday, December 2, 2010

WALK OR NOT??

Had an MRI today (don't ask) and didn't realize how tense I was about it. It only lasted 20 minutes and I knew what to expect (some claustrophobia, lots of noise). But, when I got done with it, I was a mass of pain. I must have been tensing every muscle in my body in an attempt to remain perfectly still for the full 20 minutes while lying on a hard flat surface which is supremely unpleasant for me.

Drove home right away, feeling slightly sorry for myself. As I turned onto my street, it occurred to me that, at 4:30 PM, I had a choice. I could either shed my shoes and sack out on the sofa watching mindless TV after taking some Tylenol for the pain OR I could take advantage of the remaining 30 minutes or so of daylight, please my 4-legged child in the shortrun, and walk away my tension and pain.

I made the right choice! I rushed into the house, laced up my walking shoes, leashed the dog, layered myself for the chilly weather and hit the street 15 minutes later. We only walked for about 30 minutes, but that was enough time and exercise to release all the stress from my muscles and alleviate a lot of the pain!

Hooray for nature's pain relievers, endorphins!

Remember that you, too, have this choice each day that you're tense, in pain, or crabby. Do you go with those feelings (physical and/or emotional) or do you do what's best for your body and spirit and work those bad things out with a little walk or other physical activity? Do the right thing!


***************************Remember my 100% GUARANTEE. Should you decide to stop walking and resume your old habits, I personally guarantee that you'll get back 100% of your former life - your pain, your lifestyle, your attitude. You can trust the information you find here. It's from a dedicated walker. Trust me and your life will get better! I promise.

1 comment:

Kathy G said...

OK, I'm asking :-) Hope everything's ok.