Tuesday, December 28, 2010

I JUST CAN'T FOLLOW THE GAME

I've tried learning those dance steps on Sweating to the Oldies. I've tried to learn the routines in Zumba. I've tried remembering the dance steps in Dance Aerobics. I'm hopeless.

Okay, I linedance. You know that because I've written it here. So, you might ask, what's the difference. At my linedance class, I have a teacher. A very patient teacher. He cheerfully goes over the dance steps 287 times til I get them right. Then he turns on the music. Fortunately, it's not just ME who needs all those rehearsals.

So, why do I put the Sweating to the Oldies in my VCR (my ancient VCR) anyway? Well, just because Richard Simmons moves right doesn't mean I can't move left. He can't see me! No one sees me - unless you count the dog who is still trying to figure this out.

The beat is there. The encouragement is coming from Richard's mouth. I can groove to the beat, swing my arms, push my tush, step right and left, do knee lifts and side steps all I want even if the folks on the screen are gracefully following Richard to a T.

I still get the workout. I still get to sweat. I still feel great when I finish the workout. You can too. Don't worry about getting it right. Just do it the best you can. Do it for 20 minutes if you can. If not, just do what you can. You'll feel better, too.



***************************Remember my 100% GUARANTEE. Should you decide to stop walking and resume your old habits, I personally guarantee that you'll get back 100% of your former life - your pain, your lifestyle, your attitude. You can trust the information you find here. It's from a dedicated walker. Trust me and your life will get better! I promise.

No comments: