Wednesday, December 22, 2010

A MALL HAZARD

One might think, based on my previous articles about mall walking, that I find shopping to be a potential hazard. I'm really NOT a shopper, so that's not often a problem for me.

What is a hazard at the mall? Those darn food courts, Cinnabon's permeating aroma, and the See's sample basket in the weeks before Christmas. Those things can derail the best laid diet plans!

Not that I follow a diet. I do not. This ain't about dieting. If I talk about a diet, it's typically referring to money. I go on money diets all the time. Probably 3 - 4 times a year, I feel the need to realign the budget and go on a money diet. That's a whole different blog.

But, I doubt there is anyone who is not tempted by those freshly baked cinnamon rolls, the sizzle of the wok in the food court, or the insidious call of chocolate when the See's salesperson holds out the sample basket. I'll have a mint crisp, thank you.

Here's my trick. I chew gum the whole time I'm walking. So, when I get that sample, I hold onto it until my walk is concluding. Then, I ditch the gum and have the little treat from See's. BTW, See's lollipops are great. One lollipop will last about an hour's walk. Really!

So, don't worry about being overrun by a triplet stroller or sideswiped by a Hoveround or not being able to balance the bank account at the end of the month. Worry about the smells from the food vendors and the allure of foil wrapped candy. Much more hazardous.



***************************Remember my 100% GUARANTEE. Should you decide to stop walking and resume your old habits, I personally guarantee that you'll get back 100% of your former life - your pain, your lifestyle, your attitude. You can trust the information you find here. It's from a dedicated walker. Trust me and your life will get better! I promise.

No comments: