Wednesday, December 8, 2010

WANT TO LIVE TO 100?

Do you want to live to 100 years of age? I'd like to if I'm healthy. Maybe that way, I'd actually live long enough to see grandchildren. I know, I know. Be careful what you wish for!

But, back to living to 100. In the St. Louis Post-Dispatch of October 21, 2010, there's a long article containing the sage advice of a woman who is a healthy centenarian. How did she get that way?

I glossed over most of the very long article til I got to a sub-headline stating 'A Walking Example'. Whoa! Now, there might be something good in this section - something I'd actually enjoy doing other than eating my fiber and living a 'good life'. LOL.

The woman who is the subject of this article does an hour of yoga (no, not for me. You have to get on the floor. Then you have to be able to get back up.) After yoga, she goes for a half hour walk before breakfast.

Now, a half hour may not seem like much, especially after a full hour of yoga, but I'm liking this part of the 'cure'. But, maybe that's just me. Give me an assignment that I like, and I'll do it nicely for you.

Okay, what other good things must I do to live to a healthy 100? Give up chocolate? Eat only 1,200 calories a day? Do yoga? None of these seems likely. But, I will keep walking. What about you? What would you be willing to do/not do to live to a healthy 100?


***************************Remember my 100% GUARANTEE. Should you decide to stop walking and resume your old habits, I personally guarantee that you'll get back 100% of your former life - your pain, your lifestyle, your attitude. You can trust the information you find here. It's from a dedicated walker. Trust me and your life will get better! I promise.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ouch! This is very thought-provoking. I think we face the issue of which direction we go each day as to improving our health and longevity. Having retired and being a full-time rv'er, I get to walk a lot each day and I do a lot more lifting, climbing, etc. I am in better health than I was 10 years ago. Thank you for your walking articles incorporating walking into our daily lives.