Sunday, December 21, 2008

MORE LESLIE SANSONE

Lest you think I'm just an old lady who can't keep up, so I walk instead, let me tell you what happened today. Yesterday, I wrote about walking to a new to me Leslie Sansone tape. Well, today, by the time I returned home from work, it was too dark to walk outside, so I popped in the same Leslie Sansone tape, cued to the second section. My 24 year old son was in the kitchen, so I challenged him to walk along with me.

Now, this is not all walking, as I've described. My son and I had to follow Leslie's lead on the new section since there were even more new movements that I hadn't seen before. Everything was new to my son except the actual walking. My son is about 6'3" to my 5'2.5". There was a time when I was 5'4" but those days are gone too. More on that another day.

My son lived in Washington, DC til recently, so he was used to walking miles every day, using the subway system there to avoid having to use a car. Since moving back to St. Louis in late September, he has been fairly sedentary. So, it was funny to see him marching in place, doing knee lifts so high that they were up to my shoulder, and trying to figure out the side steps because they're doing them in reverse on the TV screen (not a problem for me). I laughed out loud at him.

But, we got in 1.5 miles. I was happy. My son insisted that he could have walked 3 miles in the same time span. Well, sure. When you're legs are as long as my whole body for pities sake!! But, he enjoyed it! It was the first real exercise he had done since returning home. Today, he walked the dog a couple of miles at the park. Shhh. Don't tell. I think we have a new convert.


***************************
Remember my 100% GUARANTEE. Should you decide to stop walking and resume your old habits, I personally guarantee that you'll get back 100% of your former life - your pain, your lifestyle, your attitude.

No comments: