Monday, December 22, 2008

I'M SO EXCITED!!


Why am I excited today?? It was sunny and not too cold, but I couldn't walk outside. I have any number of Leslie Sansone's Walking tapes/DVD's that I use on days when I can't walk outside. I have several that I haven't gotten around to viewing because I'm far more likely to walk outside or at the mall than I am to walk around my family room these days. But, today, the family room was the scene of my walk.

Nothing too exciting there. Here's what's exciting - Sansone's 'Walk 4 Miles' tape has a bunch of NEW steps on it!! Why did I wait so long to view this tape. Well, one reason is that it's a 4 mile walk -farther than I usually walk. Today, I reached for this one because I have loaned out several of my tapes and this one was at the top of the stack. It's a VHS version, so may not be readily available in that format. But, even if you can't find this exact tape/DVD, I feel sure another of her programs will incorporate these new steps.

In addition to new steps, there were new upper body movements!! I was so pumped. It can get boring if you watch or do the same thing over and over. Sansone is aware of that. She's a high energy, encouraging walker - but always speaks to the beginner who might be using her program. There's always the opportunity to back off her pace, work at a slower intensity, but keep up your heart rate - the key to aerobic training.

So, although I had no intention of walking 4 miles - and didn't walk that far - I learned a bunch of new maneuvers and was rejuvenated! Now, I can incorporate some of these new moves into my regular walks. So can you - even if you're still at the snippets stage - those few minutes of walking during TV commercials or your few minutes outdoors. No reason all of us, at every stage, can't take advantage of Sansone's experience and energetic approach.

Without giving away her 'secrets', let me tell you that she has incorporated some new footwork that includes new sidesteps, a 'jazz box', some punches, and double knee lifts. You might be able to learn these without viewing her program, but you'll make greater progress much more quickly if you let Sansone teach you the steps. This is not dance steps to memorize. She coaches you at, literally, every step of the way. Check it out!



***************************
Remember my 100% GUARANTEE. Should you decide to stop walking and resume your old habits, I personally guarantee that you'll get back 100% of your former life - your pain, your lifestyle, your attitude.

No comments: