Friday, May 25, 2012

Put On Your Dancing Shoes!

 I didn't walk today - but, boy did I dance!  I went at it almost the full two hours.  I so enjoy the dances.  The teacher is very good, breaking down each new dance into the basics of groups of steps, so that we can all learn it.  Sometimes, it takes a while for the brain to communicate with the feet!  The group I dance with on Tuesday nights is all ages, mostly women, and predominately African-American.  They are a friendly bunch and everyone seems to have a great time.

Tonight, as I was taking off my dance shoes to head for home, they called out a dance I love, so I laced the shoes back up and off I danced.  I was actually able to help a few people with the particular 'slide' as I have it well memorized.  After that, when I got my shoes and socks off, ready to put my feet into my Birkenstocks, they announced one of my favorites - and one that has proved difficult for a lot of the dancers.  So, I danced it barefoot, calling off the steps to assist the people around me.  This one is called 'Heritage' and is a very fast paced song with a very primal drum beat.  There's a reason those drum rhythms have survived for millenia.  They speak to all of us -and for me, make it almost impossible NOT to get up and dance.

After that one, it was 110 minutes into the 120 minutes of dance.  I was exhausted - in a good way.  Dripping with sweat, my soles hurting from rug burn from that barefoot dance, and in dire need of ice water - but happy.  It's just impossible to spend that much time dancing and be in a crabby mood.  Everything is better if we dance!  Try it for yourself.


*************************** Remember my 100% GUARANTEE. Should you decide to stop walking and resume your old habits, I personally guarantee that you'll get back 100% of your former life - your pain, your lifestyle, your attitude. You can trust the information you find here. It's from a dedicated walker. Trust me and your life will get better! I promise.

No comments: