Friday, January 14, 2011

WALKING ALONG

This week, it's been just too cold and the path has been to icy to safely walk outside. My poor dog has suffered from lack of exercise. She so loves her walks with me - or anyone who'll take her.

Instead of walking outside, I've walked at the mall several days, danced twice, ridden my stationary bike once, and am trying to get motivated to do that again this evening.

I have discovered that if I come home from work and sit down, I'm much more likely to remain seated or at least unenergetic. What's that about a body in motion tending to remain in motion while a body at rest tends to remain at rest? That's the thing. So, I try to come home, get my few chores done (oh, there are lots of chores, but I only do a few!), change my shoes (and clothing if necessary) and hit the trail. Unless I head out then - or at least have a plan with another human being that I'm committed to, I won't do it. I'm not very good at making plans or deals with myself.

BTW if anyone out there has any ideas for other easy to pull-off, inexpensive, and accessible physical activities, please share. I discovered I have another friend who lives in my neighborhood who doesn't work on Fridays........ She'll start receiving calls to walk from me once the weather allos.



***************************Remember my 100% GUARANTEE. Should you decide to stop walking and resume your old habits, I personally guarantee that you'll get back 100% of your former life - your pain, your lifestyle, your attitude. You can trust the information you find here. It's from a dedicated walker. Trust me and your life will get better! I promise.

1 comment:

Sue Pinner said...

l agree with this one too...lots of research say the short sharp blast is very beneficial so l'll keep trying
Great blog posting..love it
Hugs x