Wednesday, January 5, 2011

THE LIZZZARD MADE ME DO IT!

Yesterday was a fairly nice day. Sunny but with ice and snow still on the ground. I ducked out of work a bit early and called Kathy who was available for a walk. As I was putting on my silk long johns and lacing up my shoes, my sweet dog, another avid walker, was eyeing me expectantly. However, the site Kathy and I chose to walk, because of the likelihood of an ice-free surface, is a dog-free zone. So, doggie did not get to walk with us.

But today, despite my being smart enough to know when to come in from the rain, I laced up my shoes, grabbed her leash and took the Lizzard for a walk. She was ecstatic! I drove us to the nearest park where our 1/3 mile track awaited us. I fully expected no other walking fools to be there, but a jogger accompanied by his small, black dog lapped us repeatedly.

Lizzie (AKA the Lizzard) is a flat coated retriever (sometimes, interestingly referred to as a curly coated retriever), bred for the cold marshes where quail hunters seek their prey. Lizzie loves this cold, wet weather. She will actually curl up and sleep on a pile of ice or snow and joys in rain, warm or cold. After her initial 'shake' upon coming indoors, we have to wait only a few minutes til she is completely dry. She's even allowed herself to become completely ice-coated, looking like a skinny black porcupine! In no time, she's dry and warm. Wish I had some of those genes!

So, this drab, drizzly, cold day seemed a perfect walking day to Lizzie. She took me along. If I didn't have her in the family, I'd have stayed inside today. Adding this to my Gratitude List...


***************************Remember my 100% GUARANTEE. Should you decide to stop walking and resume your old habits, I personally guarantee that you'll get back 100% of your former life - your pain, your lifestyle, your attitude. You can trust the information you find here. It's from a dedicated walker. Trust me and your life will get better! I promise.

No comments: