Saturday, August 1, 2009

WALKING WONDERLAND

We have had such marvelous weather here for walking lately that I'm really afraid to say that aloud! Today was another sunny but breezy day with low humidity.

I walked along the Mockingbird Park/Cardinal Park/Fishpot Creek trail again today. I actually did some exploring too. Walked farther west through a subdivision and wound up at Clarkson Road! Had me a bit disoriented - but I just retraced my steps.

The park trail is so cool and shady, it's just a joy to walk. As I walked along Fishpot Creek, I was thinking of Kimothy who had posted here about walking in the Fishpot creek bed for miles. I remember doing that sort of thing in the small town in Arkansas where my grandparents lived. The creeks were clean and cool. We'd find 'deep' swimming holes, 'rapids', and 'lazy rivers'. We also would 'fish' for crawdads (crayfish for you Northerners!). They're fun to catch with a chicken leg tied to a string. You can catch a bunch that way. Too small for eating, but fun to catch and release.

Today, I even ventured off the trail to get a closer look at some of the deeper pools in the creek. Most of the creek bed is dry, but there are still pools that look to be several feet deep. Lots of run-off from all the houses nearby but surprisingly free of trash. Still, I won't be dunking myself in any of the streams or creeks in this heavily populated area.

Tomorrow, I'll probably be back on the track with my friend Laurie after work. But, today was just me and nature......




***************************
Remember my 100% GUARANTEE. Should you decide to stop walking and resume your old habits, I personally guarantee that you'll get back 100% of your former life - your pain, your lifestyle, your attitude.

No comments: