Tuesday, August 11, 2009

WHERE HAVE I BEEN?

Time gets away from me. I realized today I hadn't blogged here since early in August. But, not to fear. I HAVE been walking. Also doing yard work and working at my supposedly part time job that has recently expanded to just about full time with the absence of the lead secretary. Now, I'm hastily trying to prepare my house for the arrival of my mother in law and sister in law. MIL will be here for several months. SIL will be here for about a week.

I enjoy the company of both of them, especially that of my MIL. She's a very upbeat person, congenitally happy like my husband. Oh, to have been born that way! She is also a walker. At age 86, she walks about a mile each morning - while I'm still sleeping. She walks slowly because of a knee problem, but she's persistent.

In December, 2004 when there was that huge earthquake and tsunami that hit south India, my MIL was out walking near the beach and didn't feel a thing! I, on the other hand, had been sound asleep nearby and was rattled to wake by my metal bedframe dancing across the room! Had no idea what was happening until we turned the news on that afternoon! I happened to be visiting India just in time for those events. We were all safe with no property damage, no people damage, and very little inconvenience.

At any rate, if you've ever been in my house, you'll be very aware of the fact that I'm NOT an organized person, NOT a good housekeeper, and really don't give a darn. But, I do NEED to have room in my house for the extra bodies, so I must unearth the beds that I feel sure are still in my son's room (since his return to the nest).

That said, I still walked this morning before I began the day's housecleaning adventures. Adventure because one never knows what one will find under each stack of books, yarn, clothes, etc. Always an adventure.

But, my walk this morning and yesterday morning jumpstarted me. I had been feeling blah and forced myself to walk - and that gave me so much energy that I've gotten far more work done than I had planned. Doesn't hurt to be ahead of schedule does it. Might go for another walk this evening........

***************************
Remember my 100% GUARANTEE. Should you decide to stop walking and resume your old habits, I personally guarantee that you'll get back 100% of your former life - your pain, your lifestyle, your attitude.

1 comment:

Kathy G said...

Wow..Interesting times. Might I be able to meet MIL while she's here?

Good luck with your cleaning.