Wednesday, August 26, 2009

GET A BETTER MOOD FAST

According to an article in the Parade of August 23, 2009, you can "Get A Better Mood Fast" with less than a half hour of moderate exercise. A study (funded by YOU) at the University of Vermont showed that everyone in the exercise group demonstrated a 'significant positive effects on mood' for up to 12 hours AFTER a 20 minute session of moderate exercise, working at 60% of their aerobic capacity.

WOW! They need to pay ME for that information. I could have given them proof positive for lots fewer $$. Yes, I know it's anecdotal - but it's still true. One of the reasons - perhaps the most important of reasons - that I walk daily is to keep me in a positive frame of mind.

When things are going poorly one day, when something annoying, disconcerting, or depressing has happened, I can put on my walking shoes and WALK IT OFF. Can you?

***************************
Remember my 100% GUARANTEE. Should you decide to stop walking and resume your old habits, I personally guarantee that you'll get back 100% of your former life - your pain, your lifestyle, your attitude.

2 comments:

Paulissa Kipp Visual Arts said...

Hi it's Paulissa from Crochet Partners. I just discovered your walking blog and it is inspiring. I will be coming back. Walking, gardening, etc are my main forms of exercise so guidance and encouragement along the way are nice.

I have linked your blog to mine so I hope you get even more traffic - it is a great resource.

jd said...

Paulissa,
So good to have you here!! Glad you found me. Please leave a link here to YOUR blog. I'll visit and see what you're up to.
jd