Sunday, December 29, 2013

A Joyous Walk




After being under the weather for almost three weeks, there was a break in the weather and a break in my feeling crappy.  The temperature soared to a sunny, balmy 50 degrees with no breeze.  Nature called - in the best possible way!

Kris and I grabbed the opportunity to walk at Emmeneggar Park.  It was just perfect!  The day before, Kris had joined me for a few rounds on the track at the park nearest my house.  I could barely drag myself around the 1/3 mile track despite the reasonable temperature and the spot of sun we got.  I was struggling.

What a difference a day made!  The walk through the woods was revitalizing, invigorating, perfect in every way!  It was the first time in almost three weeks that I had NOT struggled to walk a half hour!  My four-legged buddy enjoyed it too.  We chose a trail without hills, making it easier on my bronchus.  I've pretty much quite coughing - which is an excellent thing.  Still, I'm not 'out of the woods' with the bronchitis - but I'm totally willing to be in those woods at the park.

Even with all the leaves gone - layered on the forest floor beneath our feet - the woods are still lovely.  There are a few paved trails at this park, but most are not.  I like the crunch of the dried leaves under my feet.  The trails are mulch, rock, and often mud - covered with leaves this time of year.  I'll deal with the mud, clamber over the stones, and pick the mulch out of my shoe laces any day that the sun is shining and I can walk those trails.

I hope you'll find a place of similar inspiration for your own walks.  It definitely helps to have a great walking buddy - of the two-legged or four-legged variety - or both as I am lucky to have!



*************************** Remember my 100% GUARANTEE. Should you decide to stop walking and resume your old habits, I personally guarantee that you'll get back 100% of your former life - your pain, your lifestyle, your attitude. You can trust the information you find here. It's from a dedicated walker. Trust me and your life will get better! I promise.

No comments: