Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Walking Through The Holidays

December is a holiday time for many of us.  I'm a Grinch who would gladly have all holidays from Thanksgiving to Mother's Day removed from the calendar.  But, I'm still not in charge.  Darnnit.

So, like everyone else, I have too much to do this month.  And, if you read my last post, you know I've been suffering from the adverse effects of housework - er, asthma induced by housework (dust) or something else.

There is too much to do.  Too much cleaning and preparation.  Too much shopping.  Too much spending.  Too many people.  Too much extended family (yes, I swear I love them but...).  Too many parties.  There are definitely too many cars and people at the mall.  Too many places to go.  Too many places too be.  Too many enticing foods.  Too many seasonal TV specials. Too many expectations.

That last one pretty much sums it all up.  Too many Expectations.  The house and food won't be perfect.  The decorations may fall askew.  The cards might not get sent.  But, I'm still me and I need to take care of me first - before any of those other 'must do's'.  I'm still the most important person on my list because I can't take care of others if I don't take care of myself.

For me, taking care of myself includes walking, eating sensibly, not overspending, not overcommitting.  So, each day, I try to make my walking plan for the day while I'm having my cup of coffee first thing in the morning.  The other stuff can wait!





*************************** Remember my 100% GUARANTEE. Should you decide to stop walking and resume your old habits, I personally guarantee that you'll get back 100% of your former life - your pain, your lifestyle, your attitude. You can trust the information you find here. It's from a dedicated walker. Trust me and your life will get better! I promise.

No comments: