Friday, January 18, 2013

Set The Clock



I just read an article on a completely different subject, but it had an element of time management in it.  One statement reminded me how much I can get done if I set an alarm and work at a task until the alarm goes off.  It's amazing how much I can get done in 10 minutes.

What does this have to do with walking?  Well, a couple things.  First, if we can get though all our other activities - out to-do list - more quickly, then there's no denying that we'll have more time in the day to get in a walk.

Another point is that, especially in the beginning of a walking regimen, setting an alarm for even 5 minutes and walking til the alarm goes off can break what might seem overwhelming into 'bite sized' pieces.

So, take advantage of these words of wisdom from people who are way better organized than I am (have you ever been in my home??).  Use a tool as simple as an alarm clock, oven timer, or egg timer (3 minutes usually) to help you set and achieve your short term goals.




*************************** Remember my 100% GUARANTEE. Should you decide to stop walking and resume your old habits, I personally guarantee that you'll get back 100% of your former life - your pain, your lifestyle, your attitude. You can trust the information you find here. It's from a dedicated walker. Trust me and your life will get better! I promise.

No comments: