Wednesday, January 9, 2013

New Math




Just saw beautiful, petite, very hard working Natalie Morales on a PSA on TV, reminding us that two and a half hours of exercise a week will make us healthier.  Two and a half hours.  That sounds like a lot of time!

So, I decided to break that down.  It's 150 minutes.  Whew! That sounds like less time.  Still, how will I fit that into my routine?

If I walk 7 days a week, that's 150 divided by 7 equaling just over 21 minutes a day.

If I walk for only 5 days a week, the time jumps up to 30 minutes for each walking session.

The average between those two numbers is just over 25 minutes.

Now, being realistic about time, I need some 'lead' time - dress, put on shoes, etc.  Add 10 minutes, tops.

I need cool down/clean up time - longer in the summer for me.  Add 30 minutes.  I keep my hair and make up simple (wash and wear hair do and minimal make up), so if I have my work clothing laid out, I can be out the door to work or whatever about 30 minutes after I return from a walk.

That means that on the long side, it will take me about 60 minutes to get in a 25 minute walk.  Following me here?

I sweat like crazy from my head so my hair is literally dripping wet when I return from a walk, no matter how brief, if it's hot or humid at all.  Winter or Summer walks at the mall (or anywhere indoors) knocks off quite a bit of the time for me.  I don't require a shower immediately after my walk and can head straight onto work in the clothing I'm wearing.  I might change shoes, but that's just a minute or two.

So, am I worth an hour a day?  Is my health and well being - and I mean mentally and emotionally too - worth an hour a day?  That's FIVE TO SEVEN hours a week.  Yeah, I'm worth it!  My husband and kids think so too.  And, boy, my dog REALLY thinks so!

########
 The image above can be found here.




*************************** Remember my 100% GUARANTEE. Should you decide to stop walking and resume your old habits, I personally guarantee that you'll get back 100% of your former life - your pain, your lifestyle, your attitude. You can trust the information you find here. It's from a dedicated walker. Trust me and your life will get better! I promise.

No comments: