Saturday, August 6, 2011

WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU'RE NOT MOTIVATED

We all suffer from days of a discouraging lack of motivation. So, how do we get motivated? How do we get moving when we'd rather stay put? How do we get ourselves off the sofa?

One good way is to have a walking partner who's counting on you. This can be a person or a 4-legged friend. If you don't or can't keep a dog, ask a neighbor if you can walk theirs. The dog will love you for it. Our 2-legged friends are counting on us too. Think of the good conversations you'll have with your friend. If your regular walking buddy is otherwise engaged, call around til you find someone else who's available.

Keep a chart of your walking days. Mark them on your calendar or keep a real walking diary, describing what you saw on each walk. You can write that stuff here if you want. We'd love to hear from you. Once you get a streak going, you'll hate to break it.

Pick up the phone and call someone who will encourage you to get moving. Unless you have a fever, a broken leg, or are in labor, you can walk.

Set the timer for just 10 minutes. Walk around the house until the timer buzzes. How long can 10 minutes be?

What's the benefit of sitting on the sofa? What's the benefit of walking? 'Nuf said.








***************************Remember my 100% GUARANTEE. Should you decide to stop walking and resume your old habits, I personally guarantee that you'll get back 100% of your former life - your pain, your lifestyle, your attitude. You can trust the information you find here. It's from a dedicated walker. Trust me and your life will get better! I promise.

1 comment:

Pattys Place said...

Well, It's almost the end of my second week of walking. It's a bit easier to get out in the heat and humidity, though not much. I keep telling myself if only it were cooler, it would be so easy.

But would it really? I have lived through 64 autumns, and most of them were spent on the couch, chair, etc.

The hardest part is getting my shoes on, and getting out there.
I know I need to do this for my health, so I do it, but I don't enjoy it, until I get out there. I don't enjoy thinking about it, planning for it, but once I am out there, I feel better. The sunshine is on my back, sometimes the breeze blows gently, and I enjoy it very much. Just moving my body feels good.

I get so very tired out for the rest of the day once I walk. That is the fibromyalgia talking to me. I just don't listen to it. I plan on the next day, and the next, to move and tell that fibromyalgia to be quiet.

Have a good day, and enjoy your walk.