Monday, August 8, 2011

MY LONG DAY

Today is one of those where two of my favorite activities were both accomplished. Today there was a Yarn Crawl in the St. Louis area. What's a Yarn Crawl? Well, it resembles a Pub Crawl only in that you go from one location (a bar) to another location (a bar) and to another over the course of an evening. In the world of yarn lovers, we try to confine our crawling to daylight hours. Twelve yarn shops in the St. Louis area opened their doors to all patrons, offered a free pattern and a treat (water, cookies, a small brooch), special hours, and a few special deals. Each participant received a Passport which was stamped at each shop. Tomorrow once the Crawl is officially over, names will be drawn from those Passports for a couple of prizes that will be valued by yarn lovers. Far better than alcohol if you ask me! I got to ELEVEN shops today. The twelfth will see me at noon tomorrow and I'll turn in my well-traveled Passport in hopes of winning one of those prizes.

So, what does this have to do with walking when I drove a gazillion miles today? After my Yarn Crawl activities drew to an end this evening, I rushed home with just enough time to change shoes, leash the dog, grab my husband, and head to the park for a walk. Only got in a mile. Just one mile. But, that's okay. After all that time in the car, I needed a walk. The dog needed a walk. My husband needed a break from building shelving in the basement. It was nice to stroll and tell my husband about the shops I visited (like he cares) and he got to tell me about the cookbooks (egad, MORE cookbooks) he found at the thrift store this afternoon. Do you see why he's building more shelving in the basement? It ain't for my walking shoes. It's for the cookbooks - a market he is aggressively trying to corner.

But, we walked, we talked, we enjoyed. Life is Good!


***************************Remember my 100% GUARANTEE. Should you decide to stop walking and resume your old habits, I personally guarantee that you'll get back 100% of your former life - your pain, your lifestyle, your attitude. You can trust the information you find here. It's from a dedicated walker. Trust me and your life will get better! I promise.

2 comments:

Pattys Place said...

Just got back from a 20 minute mile...woohoo.
Saturday night, I didn't sleep well, so before I got out of bed Sunday morning, I thought, I wouldn't walk today, I deserve it.
Well deserve what? What my body deserves is good nutrition, and moving it. So I walked 1 mile.

Those miles are adding up, like little ones, adding up to 100. Imagine, 100 miles.

My goal is to do 2 miles at a time to the Leslie Sansone videos, not yet, but getting there.

jd said...

Patty,
You are doing so well! Isn't it amazing how quickly those miles add up even if we only get in a few minutes a day. You have such a great attitude! I'm so pleased you decided to share your success with us here!
jd