Thursday, August 18, 2011

SOME HOT IDEAS

During our recent, extended heat wave, I had to rely more on my indoor walking activities to remain on the move. One thing that I enjoy is the Leslie Sansone walking DVD's. I'll eve dance along to Richard Simmons to the Oldies.

But, since I've actually been learning some dances (linedancing), I've begun to incorporate some of my new dance steps into the walking in place idea. Rather than put on a DVD, I'll choose a TV show - usually a half hour show like Wheel of Fortune - and just start walking, knee lifts, kicks, side steps, and some of my dance steps. I do that for 30 minutes on days when I'd normally have done nothing because of the dangerously hot/humid weather conditions. By 'normally', I mean years ago before I was in the habit of a daily walk.

So, now, in addition to the moves I've learned from Leslie Sansone, I'm doing some vines (weaves), coaster steps, sailor steps, and shuffles that I've learned from my linedance teachers. it adds a bit of variety and makes the workout more enjoyable for me. Search on youtube.com for beginning linedancing and you'll find examples of the kind of steps that almost anyone can master. Spice up your routine with whatever means you find. And, share your ideas with the rest of us. We can always use new ideas.



***************************Remember my 100% GUARANTEE. Should you decide to stop walking and resume your old habits, I personally guarantee that you'll get back 100% of your former life - your pain, your lifestyle, your attitude. You can trust the information you find here. It's from a dedicated walker. Trust me and your life will get better! I promise.

1 comment:

Pattys Place said...

Hey there, I have lost 4.6 pounds since I started walking. I'm into my 4th week, and still moving.
Now if that doesn't give me incentive, nothing will. Normally, I was losing 5 pounds every 3 months, now in a month, 4.6 pounds down. woohoo
Love it.
Patty