Sunday, February 13, 2011

A DOSE OF HCG FOR YOU?

Have you heard about the latest diet program? It's HCG (human chorionic gonadotropin), a hormone naturally produced by pregnant women. It's also commonly used as a treatment for infertility.

Apparently, one puts drops of the HCG on their food each day, follow the prescribed diet (low fat), and drop pounds quickly. Sounds great, doesn't it?

Here's the kicker. The prescribed diet is 500 calories a day. There is no one on the planet who will not lose weight on 500 calories a day. No One. Not one person (except, I suppose for the famine victim somewhere for whom 500 calories a day might be an increase in food intake.).

I can't knock this too badly because I haven't tried it. But, I have a brain and I know that it's not the HCG that's causing the weight loss. It's the severe calorie restriction.

If the HCG program motivates a person to strive for a healthier weight, that's all good. I hope that those who participate in the HCG program will consider adding aerobic exercise like walking to their daily routine since the 500 calorie diet cannot be maintained throughout one's life and it's unlikely that it's a good idea to take the HCG every day for the rest of one's life. But, you can walk every day, one way or the other.

That will lead you to a healthier life if you never lose a pound. But, good luck with that.


***************************Remember my 100% GUARANTEE. Should you decide to stop walking and resume your old habits, I personally guarantee that you'll get back 100% of your former life - your pain, your lifestyle, your attitude. You can trust the information you find here. It's from a dedicated walker. Trust me and your life will get better! I promise.

No comments: