Sunday, May 31, 2009

RACEWALKING

A couple years ago, there was an article in the St. Louis Post-Dispatch about Racewalking. This is a competitive sport that is a different technique than regular walking. I've tried it in the past. In gym class in about 9th grade, we were actually taught the technique. I didn't master it!

When the article was published, there was contact information for a local club, so I emailed. I got no reply and quickly forgot about it. Imagine my surprise when I received a warm email a few days ago from a woman who has taken over the local groups website and has responded to a backlog of emails that included mine.

Although I had forgotten about the club, I immediately recalled the article when I read the email. This groups meets at a local high school track on Monday evenings for practice. They're willing to teach the technique, and, although they do have competitions and enforce the organization's rules, they are happy to have people join in the events who are not 'legal'. That would be me - at least initially.

So, I'm thinking of giving it a whirl. The high school is not terribly close to me, but to go even a few times to learn the technique properly would be a plus. They sponsor events at other locations for a small fee. This does sound like fun.

For more information on the technique and possible groups in your location, check out this tutorial:


http://www.eracewalk.com/Tuto01/Tuto0101.htm

***************************
Remember my 100% GUARANTEE. Should you decide to stop walking and resume your old habits, I personally guarantee that you'll get back 100% of your former life - your pain, your lifestyle, your attitude.

No comments: