Wednesday, February 11, 2009

WALKAWAY - I'm in LOVE!!


If you have a Valentine who loves to walk, you might want to look into this nifty device. OR you might want to get one for yourself! It's the best thing to happen to a walker's ears since Ipod. I promise!




http://store.playawaydigital.com/

I rent mine from the library. I learned about the device only recently and RAN to the library to discover more about it. I usually like to listen to music while I walk, feeling that the beat of the music will keep my pace up.

This device is lightweight, about the size of a small cell phone. It has a strap just right to wear around your neck. Further, the jostling of your stride doesn't make it skip like a CD player does. Each Playaway has an entire book, up to 80 hours of listening! The ones you buy come with earbuds. The ones I get from the library require me to have my own earbuds. No big deal.

So, the first day I had the 'Playaway', as it's called at my library, I decided to take it for a test walk. I learned quickly that I could keep up a good pace without the backbeat of salsa music. I'm listening to a John Grisham book that I find quite engaging.

I'm headed back to the library to get some more. Right now, the selection is not deep. But, I'm betting that this thing is going to 'take off' as it's a self-contained, digital device that requires nothing of the user except to plug in some earphones (my Ipod earbuds) which can be had at the Dollar Store if you don't already own a pair.

I also saw a sign at my library about free MP3 downloads. Will look into that and blog about it as soon as I find out more. Can it get much better than this?? Free earcandy!

Go buy or rent one for yourself or your Sweetie!




***************************
Remember my 100% GUARANTEE. Should you decide to stop walking and resume your old habits, I personally guarantee that you'll get back 100% of your former life - your pain, your lifestyle, your attitude.

No comments: