Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Chain Tactic







I am not a huge fan of Jerry Seinfeld's.  His sitcom was a huge success and for some years I was forced to watch reruns over lunch at a former place of employment.  Everyone but me laughed through the entire show, so I know I'm the strange one.  But....


I just heard about Jerry Seinfeld's Chain Tactic. It's similar to an idea I've written about before, but it is a better visual reminder of success.


I've written before about keeping track of the days you walked by marking them on a calendar.  With the visual cue of a series of happy little X's all in a row will encourage you not to break the chain.  The only problem with this is that most calendars show only a timeline for from one week to one month.


Seinfeld's Chain Tactic is to hang a calendar showing the an entire year and using a bold marker to cross off each day that you walk (or achieve some other daily goal). 


I love this idea.  I found a free printable year long calendar that we can each print off for this purpose.  Markers aren't expensive.  Heck, you can use one of the kids' crayons if you need to.  Or, maybe a sticker.  Whatever looks good to you and is easy to obtain and have handy.


Another quick idea is to put your walking shoes someplace where you literally must trip over them on your morning route around the house.  Just another reminder to make the daily walk become a daily habit. 


Go print off a calendar for yourself and hang it where you'll see it over your morning coffee or while you're brushing your teeth.  Hang a marker next to it.  Put your walking shoes where you can't miss them.  Then, put them on, go for a walk, and mark a large happy X on today's calendar entry.


*************************** Remember my 100% GUARANTEE. Should you decide to stop walking and resume your old habits, I personally guarantee that you'll get back 100% of your former life - your pain, your lifestyle, your attitude. You can trust the information you find here. It's from a dedicated walker. Trust me and your life will get better! I promise.

No comments: