Sunday, March 16, 2014

It's Almost Spring!!!

Despite the mostly terrible weather in these parts, I have kept up a regular walking routine.  It so helps to have friends to walk with, who count on me for motivation as I count on them.  One friend, Kris, and I have fallen in love with Emmenegger Park which I've written about before.

We walked there this afternoon.  I'm mostly retired but Kris still has a full time, very demanding job.  Nevertheless, I have been known to nag her via text to flee the office and meet me on the trails at the park.  She's usually game.

We have walked in this park for three seasons.  This will be our first Spring there and I can't wait.  Fall was lovely in the woods - all those rustic Fall colors, the crisp air, and the hint of snow in the air.  Winter was challenging, but when the paths weren't icy, we trooped on.  Once all the leaves had fallen, we crunched them underfoot and continued to find new trails.  Summer was pleasant under the canopy of tall trees near the Meramec River.  Cooler than most places, sheltered from the sun, and meeting lots of other walkers/hikers on the trails.  Now, Spring brings the best promise of all!  Spring is my favorite season - so much to look forward to with Daylight Savings Time and more opportunities to walk outside without risk of ice or bitter wind.

So Emmenegger is our Go-To walking paradise.  Another plus for us is that there are no bikes on these trails.  While I'm happy to share the trails with bikers, they don't tend to announce themselves and we have had some near misses, so we prefer bike-free trails.  Best of all is that it's a place Kris and I both look forward to meeting any day we can!



*************************** Remember my 100% GUARANTEE. Should you decide to stop walking and resume your old habits, I personally guarantee that you'll get back 100% of your former life - your pain, your lifestyle, your attitude. You can trust the information you find here. It's from a dedicated walker. Trust me and your life will get better! I promise.

No comments: