Sunday, September 2, 2012

Have I Mentioned Richard Simmons?

Back before walking was 'cool' and there were almost no home videos to inspire us, Richard Simmons hit the airwaves with his enthusiastic dance workouts.  Richard is now an old man who seem stuck in the 1970's - but his message is still vital.



While Richard talks a lot about food, his strongest message is about loving one's self and getting up to move one's body.  His choice of activities is dance.  He has over 65 videos available.  Sweating to the Oldies is still fun!

Here's a useful hint.  If you still have a VCR player, you can stock up on Richard Simmons' tapes from the thrift store for under $2.00!  They're nice to change up things on a rainy day.  What can be bad about seeing a bunch of people having a good time dancing?  And, we can all sing along because we all know the words to those old hits.  Singing along doubles the aerobic benefit you get from dancing with Richard!

If you no longer possess the antique VCR, head over to ebay or half.com and find some of Richard's DVD's for cheap.  Even if you pay full price, you'll get your money's worth.  While I love my Leslie Sansone Walking videos, I also enjoy popping in one of my oldie Richard Simmons videos for a change.

Remember, as the old song says, "You can't dance and stay uptight."




*************************** Remember my 100% GUARANTEE. Should you decide to stop walking and resume your old habits, I personally guarantee that you'll get back 100% of your former life - your pain, your lifestyle, your attitude. You can trust the information you find here. It's from a dedicated walker. Trust me and your life will get better! I promise.

No comments: